Notes and guidelines for running a KWRuby FLOSS contribution workshop.
Agenda for the Workshop
- 0700 greetings and thanks to the host
- 0705 introductions and planning
- describe if you have something to work on already
- pick a gem to start working on
- pair up beginners and more experienced developer
- 0715 Develop all the things!
- 0900 Retrospective about contributions and challenges
After the workshop meeting everyone can add their contributes in the meetup comments, and one of the organizers should collect and tweet those changes.
Projects to consider contributing to
Steps for someone who has never programmed/committed
- Scott James MacLellan opened PR#415 to update exercism.io documentation
- Josh Teeter opened PR#5 on a ruby wrapper around Rust library inflector, also by Josh
- Scott King opened PR#5497 for Jekyll
- Bill Curtis opened PR#35 for goby, a Ruby text-based RPG